Item requires a valid prescription
By Knoll Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Composition Glimepiride (2mg)
MRP Rs 63.70
Includes all taxes
( 1 Strip of 10 Tablets )
GLIMED-2 TABLET contains glimepiride which belongs to a group of hypoglycemic medicines called sulfonylureas. It is used to treat diabetes (a disease in which the body does not make enough insulin to control blood sugar levels).
Oral hypoglycemic agents help control blood sugar. It is employed in the treatment of type II diabetes mellitus (type II). Diabetes mellitus may be a condition in which the body doesn't turn out enough endocrine and/or the insulin created by the body fails.
Once the body produces an excessive amount of sugar within the blood, it results in high blood sugar. This can lead to serious medical problems. If type 2 diabetes mellitus cannot be adequately controlled with diet and exercise alone, GLIMED-2 TABLET may be prescribed to treat this condition.
Uses / Indications:
Interactions / Warnings:
Tell your doctor if you take:
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (phenylbutazone, azapropazone, oxyphenbutazone, medicines similar to aspirin).
- Other medicines used for treat diabetes mellitus (t such as insulin or metformin) .
- Medicines that promote muscle development (anabolics).
- Medicines likely to inhibit clotting (coumadin derivatives resembling warfarin) Medicines used to cut back weight (fenfluramine).
- Medicines called antiarrhythmics used to control abnormal heart beat (disopyramide).
- Medicines that lower cholesterol or blood pressure Medicines to treat depression (fluoxetine, MAO inhibitors).
- Medicines to treat gout (allopurinol, probenecid, sulfinpyrazone).
- Medicines for treat cancer (cyclophosphamide, ifosfamide, trofosfamide).
- Medicines accustomed treat microorganism and fungus infections (tetracyclines), chloramphenicol, fluconazole, miconazole, quinolones, clarithrocin) used to treat nasal allergies love pollinosis.